Harris Glaser and his brother Eric own and run Midnight Express Center Console Boats out of Miami, Florida. Arguably one of the most infamous brands within the marine industry and the boats they make today are still every bit as special.
"I think people still want that speed, but also want the comfort and the functionality. So, we're seeing the bigger outboards, the bigger horsepower. But, then they still want your creature comforts. So maybe go a hundred, but also have an open boat that you can use."
- Where do you see this industry going? Are people still wanting speed, or is it now functionality that's really taking over? And fuel economy?
- Yeah so I think it's a combination of all of that together, right? I think people still want that speed, but also want the comfort and the functionality. So, we're seeing the bigger outboards, the bigger horsepower. But, then they still want your creature comforts. So maybe go a hundred, but also have an open boat that you can use.
- Absolutely, and are these sevens?
- These are not. These are the Mercs, the sevens are the ones behind us in the blue in silver.
- Now how do they run?
- They run amazing. They're just the spectacular motors.
- Does it make more noise on idle than others?
- Yeah sure, they're a little louder at idle, but not much.
- But you feel the power under your hand when you hammer it down?
- Yeah, you feel the power, and you hear the power too. I mean it's pretty cool.
- And when I saw those, I knew you guys were gonna be the first to put them on.
- Of course, always.
- How many of those have you got on a boat?
- We can do four.
- Could you do five?
- On the 60 we can do five.
- Now you're talking a stupid amount of power right?
- Yeah, but usable power, and that's the difference, usable power.
- So, I've heard a lot of people talk about when you put four outboards on, four of them's kind of a waste. Especially when you put five on them, now you're getting an extra mile an hour?
- No, more than that. So, we'll see the difference between four and five outboards being about five to seven miles an hour.
- Okay, well it's not insignificant if you're trying to break that hundred mark, right?
- Right, right, it's not insignificant. And you know the guys who want to do that, they want to be going 80 plus. They just want to .
To learn more visit them online
#midnightexpress #centerconsole #100mph #gofast #miamivice #donaronow #boatshow #betweentwoyetis #yetichat #yeti #richandfamous